Innovation, New Ideas, and A.I. Changing the Way You Travel | Reggie Chandra
In this episode, Joe interviews Genius Network Member Reggie Chandra PhD., P.E., CEO and lead traffic engineer at Rhythm Engineering, the innovative leader of real-time traffic signal optimization technology. You’ll discover the process for innovating new ideas and value, how artificial intelligence is cutting driving and commute times by 50% and transforming the way people drive, and what you can learn by thinking different.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Reggie in this episode:
- The purpose, mission and vision of Reggie’s company and why he founded Rhythm Engineering.
- How Reggie grew his company from $224,000 annual revenue to $7.3 million in 36 months.
- The difference between selling Business-To-Government compared to Business-To-Business.
- How the InSync adaptive traffic signal system is saving lives by eliminating a third of crashes.
- Reggie describes his process for discovering and innovating new ideas and value
- How artificial intelligence is cutting commute times by 50% and transforming the way people drive.
- Reggie shares one of the most important lessons he learned about running a business.
- Joe introduces Reggie a.k.a. Green Light Jesus [01:21]
- Reggie is a dreamer [02:16]
- What does the process of inventing look like for Reggie [02:55]
- Read about Nikola Tesla [06:16]
- Steve Jobs as an example [06:40]
- What Reggie’s work is about [08:10]
- Deterministic model of formulas [10:14]
- Arrivals are stochastic [10:44]
- Modeling with imperfect assumptions [11:08]
- Reggie created a rule based Artificial Intelligence [11:55]
- Rhythm cut the number of crashes that happen in intersections by 30% [13:23]
- Tracking car crashes [13:37]
- 32,000 people die in road accidents [16:19]
- Dan Sullivan called Reggie Green Light Jesus [17:14]
- Competitors in Rhythm’s industry [17:57]
- Reggies greatest invention is launching in December 2016 [18:48]
- Saving lives through productivity [19:39]
- What Reggie learned from his inventions [21:17]
- Using a psychometric testing system [22:33]
- Reggie’s advice to entrepreneurs [25:45]
- Knowledge does not turn into wisdom without experience [28:03]
- Hang out with people with experiences [28:22]
- “In business, we have to sell” [29:34]
- Selling not B2B but to the government [30:03]
- Reggie is most excited about learning and creating value [34:33]
- Joe and Dan Sullivan will have a special interview with Reggie on 10xTalk Podcast [35:45]
- Connect with Reggie on his website [36:10]
- Email Reggie to get his book, Shades of Green, for free! [37:59]
- Keep at it, don’t give up! [39:39]