The Importance of Self Education Revisited with Dan Sullivan and Joe Polish
5 years ago Dan Sullivan shared with Joe ‘The Self Education Plan For Entrepreneurs.” It was a brand new way of “thinking about your thinking” that leads to more curiosity and more success.
Today we revisit that conversation in an edit the offers the key points in less than 12 minutes.
If you want more from Dan Sullivan and Joe Polish, be sure to check out their Podcast 10xTalk wherever you listen to Podcasts – or check them out online at 10xTalk.com.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Dan Sullivan in this episode:
- How the educational system actually deters entrepreneurial progress
- The reason self-education and reading develop more curiosity and more success
- Three fundamental principles that determine you and your organization’s value and progress in the marketplace
- How to transform your organization into a school that teaches you new skills and capabilities forever (and attracts star team members)
- An educational system that taught you to think about your thinking would be better than the system we have now, which focuses on things and people and certain ideas out in the world.
- Entrepreneurs have to be extremely fast learners due to the consequences they face in the marketplace.
- The real problem with the educational system is the word system.
- The current system was set up to train people to work in a repetitive job in an existing government or corporate office system. The education system is designed to accustom children to repetition and boredom so they would be productively repetitive and productively bored when they got out.
- One of the major difficulties of the education system is that it isolates the individual completely, where real work almost always involves creative collaboration.
- Part of the crisis we are experiencing is that we trained five or six generations of people to be perfectionists but the marketplace worldwide is requiring massive amounts of teamwork where you just focus on what you’re good at.
- We are going to see more self designed educations in the future due to the rise and access of technology.
- The biggest institution that creates the right attitudes, skills, and habits is an entrepreneurial company that has to create value in the marketplace.
- The government no longer has the ability to educate children for the marketplace, and that’s a decisive historical change.
- There may be no general answer to the education problem, but there are a few principles that we can follow that can help, the first being is that everyone has a Unique Ability.
- The sooner in life that someone can get a handle on their Unique Ability, it can become an organizing principle for a lifetime of education.
- The ability to sell and to create Unique Ability networks are the other two organizing principles.
- You will see that your big jumps in progress personally has really come about because you have gotten clearer and more committed to those three principles.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW