Moonshots and Multipliers: I Love Marketing Meetup Special Part 2
At a recent I Love Marketing Meetup in Tempe, Arizona, a group of Genius Network Members shared their Moonshots and Multipliers. Included in the mix is the one percent advantage, being deserving of happiness, and more.
This is part 2 of a 2 part series. The first recording can be found at ILoveMarketing.com/314.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Genius Network member Michael Bernoff: The one percent advantage that makes life work better and makes a difference in the world
- Genius Network member Susan Potje: How she’s inspiring and empowering others to feel capable and deserving of happiness
- Everyone is in the marketing business even if you think you’re not. If you believe you have the best product or service, you are doing a disservice by not getting it out there.
- There is no relationship between being good and getting paid. There is a huge relationship between being good at marketing and getting paid.
- Helping people make a buying decision is one of the most effective and ethical ways to sell your services.
- If you have supply and demand on your side, you don’t need to be a great marketer.
- The most effective way to learn something is to teach it to other people.
- Real estate agents are typically viewed on the same level as used car salesmen. Kevin Kaufman is working to transform the way people see real estate agents.
- The truth is gratitude works. You can’t begin to receive without being grateful for what you have.
- Inspiring and encouraging others to succeed and achieve their dreams is always worthwhile.
- The two areas to protect as an entrepreneur are your confidence and your gratitude. Without confidence you have to rely on courage. Without gratitude, it’s not worth the effort.
- When you get in touch with gratitude you appreciate what you have even more but you also get a drive to do more.
- Only 3% of the world is successful at what they do.
- We don’t teach our kids very basic things like dealing with relationships that would give them the simple skills they need to succeed in other areas of life.
- If you want to make a difference in the world, you have to get around people who think the same way you do.
- The difficult part of making a change is not just doing it, it’s maintaining it. Winners find a way to win and losers find ways to lose.
- The purpose of selling is to educate people that it’s ok to make a decision. If you want to influence yourself or someone else, you have to get in the mindset that makes it easy. Change the language around what you do and you will create new neural pathways and the meaning around it.
- You’re as sick as your secrets and silent battles are the hardest ones to fight.
- When you look at something as a charge, it’s a cost. But when you look at it as an investment it changes everything.