Learning From Mentors, Overcoming Adversity, and Creating A Course That Helps Your Customers and Students Reach Mastery with Joe Polish and Joe DeMaria
Joe DeMaria, a young entrepreneur, longtime I Love Marketing listener, and founder of Teach to Scale, kept failing and making bad decisions until he cracked the code on his business. Learn how he did it in today’s episode of I Love Marketing with Joe Polish. Joe helps world-class entrepreneurs, peak performers, coaches, and speakers maximize, innovate, and optimize their market and sales strategies.
Joe DeMaria is a successful course creator consultant and longtime listener of the I Love Marketing podcast. Before listening to the show, he says he couldn’t figure out why his businesses kept failing. Now, hundreds of I Love Marketing podcasts later, he helps experts package their expertise into courses so people can learn, grow and reach mastery through their content.
In this episode, Joe DeMaria will share how he walks his clients through the course creation process. You’ll learn his M.E.C.E. principle, and how Sean Stephenson’s show inspired the process he now uses in his business.
If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event, or to apply go to www.GeniusNetwork.com. Don’t miss another episode of I Love Marketing, subscribe today at ILoveMarketing.com/Subscribe.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Joe DeMaria and Joe Polish in this episode:
- How to stop procrastinating and take actions that can transform your life and business AND how to have some of the best mentors help you achieve your goals.
- Secrets to packaging your expertise and knowledge into a course people want to buy (PLUS: The biggest reason why 80% of people never get started, and how to overcome this).
- The STEP BY STEP way to structure your course – Joe shares the “M.E.C.E. Principle” for ensuring your course contains everything it needs to help your customers and students reach MASTERY.
- One simple 3-part system that Joe DeMaria discovered from Sean Stephenson that completely shifted the way Joe created courses, helped him learn almost anything more effectively and turned his fear (and his students fear) of presenting into cool, collected, confident poise.
- The most important attitude for success and longevity in business and life when you’re going through your toughest challenges, facing your biggest obstacles and dealing with overwhelming levels of fear and loss.
- Joe shares how he came across the I Love Marketing podcast.
- Joe binged on the ILM podcast and applied techniques he learned.
- You want to drive activity – not just engagement – because that’s when change happens.
- When you know what to do, you can do something with it.
- A lot of what people think is genius is actually a redundancy.
- Joe looked to models and mentors to improve himself and his life.
- Joe went through trial and error – people always struggle with the course layout.
- 80% that try to make a course never do because they don’t structure it properly.
- Look at your course like a ladder and set a “mastery goal”.
- Every course must be “M.E.C.E.”: Mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive.
- Joe attributes his success to Genius Network and what he’s learned on the I Love Marketing show.
- Joe shares his horrible experience filming his first course.
- None of Joe’s clients are experienced on camera but they follow a process and it works.
- He has his clients share all their stories, then all their lessons, then their exercises.
- With the end in mind, the path becomes clearer.
- Joe learned from Jay Abraham to, “fall in love with your clients” for “geometric growth”.
- We are so resilient: How you deal with life makes all the difference.
- Check out Joe’s business: TeachtoScale.com.