HYPNO-TISING!: The Secret Science of Ads That Sell More Products To More People for More Money
Listen in as Mark and Joe explore the fascinating world of advertising and marketing, uncovering the distinctions between “Advertising” and “Marketing” and revealing the power of the Unconscious Mind.
Discover techniques to sell more products and services, simplify the neuroscience of consumer response, and learn from real-world billion-dollar advertising examples. Get ready to unlock the secrets behind ads that motivate prospects to buy with Dr. Mark Young and Joe Polish.
If you’d like to join world-renowned Entrepreneurs at the next Genius Network Event or want to learn more about Genius Network, go to www.GeniusNetwork.com.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll discover from Mark, and Joe in this episode:
- The difference between “Advertising” and “Marketing” (PLUS: Overcoming the #1 fear people have)
- How to sell more products to more people for more money and get better advertising outcomes
- The power of the Unconscious Mind AND why hypnotherapy and advertising and actually the same thing
- One word to NEVER use in any of your advertising or marketing (and one word that ALWAYS works)
- How Mark successfully sells consumer packaged goods for a 4x higher price than competitors
- Exact steps for creating a response getting ad… AND… the most powerful way to persuade anyone
- Two powerful techniques (and one simple formula) you can use to sell more products and services
- Mark simplifies the neuroscience of consumer response so you can apply it to your marketing
- The mental shortcuts, heuristics, and biases that evil marketers leverage against people
- Billion-dollar, real-world advertising examples you can use to motivate prospects to buy
- Dr. Mark Young, Founder and CEO of Jekyll and Hyde Labs
- The use of hypnotherapy in advertising and how it targets the unconscious mind where decisions are made
- The importance of speaking to the unconscious mind and appealing to unconscious desires rather than solely focusing on the conscious mind
- Joe and Dr. Young discuss their evolution from being broke contractors to successful marketers
- The difference between marketing and advertising, with Mark emphasizing that advertising is about getting people to try a product or service, while marketing is about building a one-on-one relationship and an ethos with the customer base
- Dr. Young discusses how fear of change stops people from buying products and how good advertising helps people overcome that fear by showing how the product or service can make their life better
- How to access the unconscious mind and use trigger words like “try” in advertising
- How to create effective messages by using literal forms and avoiding anything that the unconscious mind can misinterpret
- The use of “because statements” and how they can be used as embedded commands to influence the unconscious mind
- Using psychological techniques in marketing, such as feel, felt, found, and compliance sets, to influence consumer behavior
- The power of the subconscious mind and how it can be accessed to effect change in one’s life
- Dr. Young explains how heuristics and biases play a role in marketing and how they can be leveraged for good or evil
- Joe touches on the propaganda and evil uses of marketing, to which Mark discusses confirmation bias and availability bias as two of the biases that can be exploited by marketers
- Joe and Dr. Young share effective marketing and advertising strategies, including the importance of understanding one’s demographic and using metaphors to persuade.
- The need for critical thinking and fact-checking in today’s media landscape
- The importance of building rapport and persuasion
- Selling more products, to more people, more often, for more money… while balancing ethical awareness and avoiding manipulation
- Dr. Mark Young emphasizes the importance of being congruent and turning down products that don’t add value