Great Copywriters are not delivered by a stork with Brian Kurtz at Joe Polish’s Genius Network
There are seven attributes that all the best copywriters in the world share. Brian Kurtz shares them with you.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Brian in this episode:
- Great Copywriters Are Not Delivered By A Stork: Brian reveals insider secrets to copywriting success
- The 7 attributes top copywriters have in common (and what to look for when you hire a copywriter)
- One of the most important books on copywriting ever written…
- Writers Who Write Winners: What world-class copywriters do differently
- Brian’s worked with some of the top copywriters in the world and shares one of the most important steps you can take to become a super-successful copywriter
- Marketers and entrepreneurs leave the most important thing to chance, copywriting.
- Great copy stands the test of time.
- There are seven attributes that all the best copywriters in the world share.
- Copywriters must go beyond the mechanics of copywriting.
- Show me your hunger. The best copywriters don’t wait for other copywriters to beat them.
- Show your insatiable curiosity. Great copywriters read a lot of fiction and non-fiction and can draw from many sources, they immerse themselves in their topic.
- Show me your interested, not interesting. What deep dives have you taken in the topics you write about? Go through the whole customer experience.
- Show me your smarts. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room. Who do you read your copy to? You can’t write copy by committee, but you can certainly can compare copy by committee. Have you read the classic copywriting books and can you show how you’ve applied them?
- Show your passion. You can save lives with your copy. Deep dives into your passion can be expanded out into the world.
- Show your understanding of direct marketing principles. You have to understand lists, lifetime value, and that you are not writing for one sale. Your writing should resonate with the reader and inspire them to stick with you.
- Show your humility. The best copywriters in the world have immense humility because they know they have to beat someone next week.
- Show me your work. Show me you have gone through the journey in addition to your samples.
- Don’t be incomplete or cheap when working with copywriters – you get what you pay for.
- Every business problem can be solved with a sales letter, why leave that to an amateur?
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW