Radical Transformation and the Power of “Waking Up”
Joe Polish interview with Dr. Barbara De Angelis that was previously published as a Genius Network Interview
About Barbara De Angelis:
Dr. BARBARA De ANGELIS is one of the most influential teachers of our time in the field of personal and spiritual development. For the past thirty-five years, she has reached tens of millions of people throughout the world with her inspirational messages about how to create a life of true freedom, mastery and awakening.
As a best-selling author, popular television personality and sought after motivational speaker, Barbara is legendary in the field of personal transformation as one of the first people to popularize the idea of self-help in the 1980’s, and as one of the first nationally recognized female motivational teachers on television. Through her sold-out seminars, TV and radio programs, publishing and speaking, she has created her own Barbara De Angelis Brand, and is sought out not only by corporations, celebrities, and entrepreneurs, but by anyone who wants to learn how to transform themselves, their business, and their relationships from the inside out.
Dr. De Angelis is the author of fourteen best-selling books which have sold over ten million copies and been published throughout the world in twenty-five languages. She has had an amazing FOUR #1 New York Times Bestsellers, includingReal Moments, Are You The One For Me?, Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know, and Chicken Soup for the Couples Soul, as well as HOW DID I GET HERE? Finding Your Way To Renewed Hope and Happiness When Life and Love Take Unexpected Turns, which received numerous awards and high acclaim.
Dr. De Angelis’ television career has been just as far-reaching as her publishing career. In 1994, she wrote and produced the TV infomercial, Making Love Work, which won top honors in the industry, and was seen throughout the world by hundreds of millions of people. Barbara appeared weekly for two years on CNN, and has hosted her own daily television show forCBS TV, and her own popular radio talk show in Los Angeles. She has been a frequent guest on OPRAH, THE TODAY SHOW, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, THE VIEW, GERALDO, and POLITICALLY INCORRECT, as well as a regular contributor to E Entertainment and EYEWITNESS NEWS in Los Angeles. Barbara also produced and starred in a one hour special for PBS Television.
Over the past twenty years, Dr. De Angelis has been in demand as a motivational speaker and is known for being one of the most moving and inspirational female speakers in the world. She has given hundreds of presentations to groups includingAT&T, Proctor & Gamble, Crystal Cruise Lines, and Young Presidents Organization. She has been a featured presenter at countless conferences along with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Sir Richard Branson, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, F. W. De Klerk, Les Brown, and many others.
Dr. De Angelis is the recipient of the highest honor from Toastmasters International as their Golden Gavel Award Winner for 2007—one of only FIVE women to receive this award in Toastmaster’s 50-year history for being one of the most outstanding speakers of the century. Recently Dr. De Angelis was one of the featured inspirational teachers in the new documentary DISCOVER THE GIFT, along with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Reverend Michael Bernard Beckwith, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and other spiritual luminaries.
Dr. De Angelis is currently president of SHAKTI COMMUNICATIONS INC., dedicated to bringing enlightened messages to the world through all electronic and print mediums.
Dr. De Angelis’ remarkable life achievements span over three decades, and she credits her dedication and unrelenting commitment to her own personal journey as the source of all that has come through her to millions of people. She is a serious seeker who has deeply immersed herself in spiritual practice and study from the age of 18, and spent many years in residence with several of the most renowned spiritual masters of our time. It is on the foundation of this profound inner wisdom that she offers her life-changing programs on “TRANSFORMATION FROM THE INSIDE OUT”.
Dr. De Angelis lives in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. Her most recent book is SOUL SHIFTS: Transformative Wisdom for Creating a Life of Authentic Awakening, Emotional Freedom and Practical Spirituality.
- Transformation is transforming who you are, how you function, and who shows up when you do things.
- Life really happens on the inside. Transformation happens from the inside-out. I think everyone’s looking for freedom.
- Freedom means 2 things. Freedom from what and freedom to what. The problem with asking big questions is when you don’t find any answers, you’re tortured.
- Seeking is one thing; the direction in which you’re seeking is another. When we’re looking for things we think will make us happy and they don’t, we will just want more of it.
- Transformation means having the courage to ask the questions that are challenging to yourself, about yourself and about life. Getting caught up in thinking that just getting material things is a destination, which is not a destination, but a tool.
- A Spiritual Alarm Clock: For some people, it’s been ringing since they can remember. Some people have something happen to them that is a wakeup call. It could be a tragedy, a loss, a health crisis, or suddenly things shift and they remember that there’s something else they’re here to do. Their life takes a turn.
- Most of what impacts people has nothing to do with what they see or hear. It has to do with what they feel.
- Only 7% of what we say, people actually hear. They’re feeling us.
- Charisma is simply that really pure transmission of that incredible life force inside of you. You can’t buy it. It has to come from you tapping in. You’re either plugged into the light source or you’re not.
- Investing in your enlightenment, in your awakening, and in your freedom is the most important thing you will ever do.
- You may think you know what you’re capable of doing or you may think you have a limit to how you think you can impact the world, but don’t underestimate your destiny.
- When you’re ready, you will be given opportunities you can’t even imagine now, but you have to be ready.