Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen and Making Your Dreams A Reality with Steve Sims
The Art of Making Things Happen and Making Your Dreams A Reality with Steve Sims, author of “Bluefishing.” It’s the fascinating adventures of the real-life Wizard of Oz and stories of singing on stage with the rock band Journey, a private dinner at the foot of Michelangelo’s David while being serenaded by Andrea Bocelli, breakfast with Oprah Winfrey, and more.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Steve in this episode:
- Anything You Can Imagine and Afford: Getting married in the Vatican. Diving trips to the Titanic. Singing on stage with the rock band Journey. Private dinner at the foot of Michelangelo’s David while being serenaded by Andrea Bocelli. Breakfast with Oprah Winfrey.
- The fascinating adventures of the real-life Wizard of Oz, Steve Sims…
- The RIGHT way to connect with powerful, influential people and get almost any door opened
What to do when you hit obstacles and objections on the way to making things happen
- Steve gives you two fantastic pieces of advice for overcoming almost any fear you face
- F*** Vision Boards: Some real talk about making your wildest dreams come true
- Steve’s book marketing campaign and the gifts he’s offering with his book….
- What Steve does to pull himself out of his comfort zone and lead a super exciting lif
- The Steve Sims tour is to open all the doors until someone tells you to stop.
- Forbes has called Steve the real-life Wizard of Oz.
- Steve focuses on building relationships as his greatest investment.
- Steve’s new book is actually a playbook of how to get things done. Throw away the “that could never be me mentality” or instead ask “why couldn’t it?”
- A lot of people overthink it and nay say something before they even try it.
- Take an overwhelming task and break it down into smaller tasks that you can handle easily. Don’t over think or overanalyze things.
- There is always one person that can say yes or no and make things easier, the little powers and the ones that will stop you from accessing the big power.
- Never google the person you are dealing with. They are not a their title or position, they are a person just like you. Get rid of the platforms and pedestals that separate you.
- It’s amazing the intelligence you have when you stop listening to yourself.
- Giving attribution to someone you are quoting does not make you appear less intelligent.
- Focus on the thing that you want, and take a step towards it.
- You learn different lessons in different places, even in the middle of a bar fight.
- Meditation can take many different forms, however you can access the flow state is the right way for you.
- Having negative people in your network that you don’t like to communicate with will cause you to bring that negativity to your other relationships.
- Some people are a fountain and some people are a drain. Be the kind of person that people will always open the door for.
- There is a difference between being an arrogant jerk and a charismatic trickster, you have to measure your response and understand who you are talking to to avoid being the former.
- When you are the mental state of fear, you are looking for ways that something can go wrong. Ask yourself “what is your absolute downside?”, chances are the worst scenario is not going to be fatal.
- We tend to dilute your dreams, people don’t like being vulnerable. Admit to yourself what you really want, vocalize it, and you’ll be several steps towards realizing your goal.
- If you aren’t engaged, being around successful people won’t matter. You have to realize that you’re surrounded by people that have solved the problems you have and be ready to ask and listen.
- The things that seem to oppose your goals are actually the raw material you need to achieve them.
- As an author, you don’t owe anything to the publisher, you owe the reader.
- Look internally within your existing network before you look externally for your marketing.